8 WEEK MINDFULNESS BASED LIVING COURSE (MBLC)
This is an experiential course where teacher talk is kept to a minimum, with the main emphasis being on mindfulness meditation practices and exercises. This powerful course helps us to become more present to our experiences. People who have completed this course report:
- Feeling more relaxed and calm,
- A reduction in anxiety,
- Better sleep,
- A reduction in the overthinking mind,
- Better concentration.
The MBLC course, originally developed by Rob Nairn, is based on the University of Aberdeen’s MSc Studies in Mindfulness Curriculum.
This course will cover:
- What is mindfulness and why practise it?
- Start where we are
- The body as a place to stay present
- Introducing mindfulness support
- Working with distraction
- Exploring the undercurrent
- Attitude of the observer
- Self- acceptance
- A mindfulness based life
Sessions include guided mindfulness practices and teaching by myself, an experienced practitioner. You will receive a course manual and recordings of the practices which are delivered via email.
The total cost for the 8 week course is £180 – payable upon booking
Please note the cost is non-refundable, unless in exceptional circumstances.
8 WEEK COMPASSION BASED LIVING COURSE (CBLC)
The Compassion Based Living Course (CBLC) is an eight-week course consisting of eight classes, which are typically two hours long, and is a course that draws on insights and practices from neuroscience, evolutionary psychology and Mahayana Buddhism.
The weekly themes are:
- Session 1 – Why practice compassion? Because we suffer
- Session 2 – The Compassionate Mess
- Session 3 – It’s not our fault: an evolutionary perspective
- Session 4 – Creating conditions of safeness
- Session 5 – Befriending the self-critic
- Session 6 – Finding the compassionate friend within
- Session 7 – The Four Immeasurable Qualities
- Session 8 – Widening the circle of compassion
Cost £180 – payable upon booking
Please contact me for more information or to book your place.